Project at a Glance
Maple Ridge, BC
Services + Scope
- Site Preparation
- Hydro & Utilities
- Pump Station
- Retaining Walls
About the project
c̓əsqənelə Elementary School is the new centrepiece of Maple Ridge’s Albion community. This area has seen rapid residential growth and c̓əsqənelə’s serves its younger demographic while paying tribute to local Indigenous influences through the translation of “where the golden eagles gather.”
Completed in October of 2019, this was a public project commissioned by School District #42 and consulted on by Binnie Civil Engineers. As the primary civil contractor, we planned, prepared and conducted the full scope of services across the 8-acre site to achieve on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Performed site preparation and advised on potential risks to time and budget.
- Detailed excavation and backfilling, including mechanical and electrical trenching.
- Resolved property grading by constructing a perimeter retaining wall on the north and east sides.
- Coordinated with utility providers to run services and built the surrounding roadworks and street lighting.
- Collaborated with BC Hydro to service and construct a sanitary pump station and forcemain.